Mindsource has designed a brand-new factory for kitchen worktops
Mindsource has developed a complete factory for highly automated production of countertops and tiles in stone, glass and composite for a customer in the Middle East. The new factory facility covers more than 10,000 square meters of factory floors and has the capacity to produce 16,200 worktops and 504,000 square meters of tiles annually.
The design & engineering work consists of:
1. A complete production process layout design and development of operating procedures.
2. Engineering design and develop of interface between machines.
3. Sourcing of subcontractors for standard machines to be integrated in the production process.
4. Design of civil-works and preparation of plot plan for the facility with space provision for second phase expansions.
5. Specify logistics requirement for the material handling within the facility.
6. Specify the utility requirements for the facility. i.e., Water, electricity, Instrument air etc.
The automated process consists of:
1. Automatic warehouse for raw stone slabs.
2. Cutting of slabs to correct format.
3. CNC machining of kitchen tops slabs.
4. Automatic robot assembly and gluing of kitchen tops.
5. Robot based polishing and edge treatment.
6. Washing of tiles and kitchen tops before packaging.
7. Robot-based packaging line of ready products.
8. Final warehouse before delivery to customer.
The total project investment amounts to EUR 30 million.
In summary, a very exciting project where Mindsource strengthens its position even more as an expert partner and "turnkey contractor" for the development of new innovative production concepts and the implementation of entire factory facilities. The client chose Mindsource based on recommendations and references.
If you are planning to invest in a new factory facility. Mindsource is the ultimate partner for designing the most efficient process together with you.